Summary of Role
- Reports to: Chief Business Development Officer
- Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
- Serve as Segra's primary contact point for all established clients assigned to the Field Technician.
- Prioritize the needs of our customers by working with cross-functional teams to ensure all orders/projects are on track.
- Work closely with Segra clients regarding navigating cultivar selection and scheduling.
- Stay up to date on emerging trends in cannabis cultivation and educate the broader Segra team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Customer Focus Customer-centric minded and thought leader. Ensuring our customer orders are fulfilled in a manner that is consistent with our contractual agreement. Work closely with our clients regarding cultivar selection, production scheduling, and agronomic practices on an ongoing basis. Set expectations for our operations team prior to delivery on issues or concerns related to orders.
- Workflow Management Initiate new orders and change orders in a timely manner according to Segra policies. Communicate closely with clients to ensure delivery deliveries are successful. Consistent, timely and accurate fulfillment of active customer orders within the organization’s workflow with an emphasis on follow-through, tracking & communication to cross-functional teams. Measure order fulfillment customer satisfaction using appropriate tools and techniques. Report and escalate to management as needed. Work closely with Segra accounting staff to ensure billing and production cycles are always aligned and up to date.
- Improvement & Problem Solving Identify opportunities for improvement to processes, procedures, and policies within reasonable boundaries of the industry. Identify potential issues and opportunities to mitigate impacts to customers.
- Project Participation Participate in special projects and enhancements as necessary. Assist in planning, rollout, communications, processes, support and or training as needed.
- Education, Experience and Technical skills
- 1+ years of hands-on cannabis cultivation supervisory experience
- General working knowledge of cannabis cultivation Including familiarity with genetic selection, cultivation modalities, and nursery production
- 1-2 years of working experience in project management or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong execution and decision-making skills
- Strong oral and written communication, listening and problem-solving skills
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Academic credentials in the field of Agronomy or equivalent work experience a plus but not mandatory
- Strong leadership & self-motivation
- Strong planning, organization, time-management skills