Offered Wage: CAD $ 63,500per year (CAD $33/hour, based on a 37-hour workweek) – permanent/full-time.
Work Location for the Applicant: 30 Braid Street, Unit 6, New Westminster, BC V3L 3P3.
Number of Positions: One (1).
Required Language Skills: English (spoken & written).
· Support the day-to-day maintenance and operation of the ex vitro-plants room in the tissue culture facility.
· Oversee the climate control and lighting systems in the ex vitro-plants room.
· Test, compare, and analyze agronomic inputs, including fertilizers, pesticides and biological supplements as required for R&D purposes.
· Design and conduct agronomic trials related to plant/protocol optimization.
· Collect, organize, maintain and analyze agronomic data related to plant growth, development and pathogen pressure.
· Prepare research and agronomic trial reports for both internal and external use.
· Recognize and respond to plant diseases and pests and advise on strategies for care and prevention; perform and supervise pest/pathogen inspections for incoming and outgoing plant material.
· Provide counselling and advice to Licensed Producers on tissue culture plantlet handling, acclimation, nutrient regimes, environmental conditions, and cultivation practices for optimal plant growth.
· Maintain records of communications with Licensed Producers, their specific cultivation techniques, and their responses to suggested protocols and advice.
· Record and respond to feedback and inquiries from Licensed Producers in a friendly, effective, and knowledgeable manner.
· Organize on-site visits to Licensed Producers to collect photos, agronomic data, and client feedback.
· Research and liaise with suppliers regarding product information, testing and custom product development.
· Present weekly updates on the significant operations of the agronomy department during internal meetings.
· Stay up to date with current scientific Cannabis research.
· Develop and update documents pertaining to standard operating procedures as needed.
· 3 years’ experience with employment or agricultural research – experimental design, data collection, analysis, and communication.
· 1-year experience with Cannabis tissue culture.
· 1-year experience with LED lighting, plant nutrition and climate control systems.
· 1-year experience working with Integrated Pest Management, common Cannabis pests and diseases, and strategies for control, especially pest/pathogen identification.
· Pesticide Applicator Certificate
· Ability to provide, and follow, written and verbal direction.
· Proficient with MS Office Suite.
· Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or related scientific field, plus minimum2 years of greenhouse/indoor agriculture experience or master’s degree with research experience in related scientific field.
Benefits: 2 weeks vacation, 5 sick days, Sunlife Benefits Plan which include Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
How to Apply: Please send your resume to HR@segra-intl.com. We ask that the candidates put "Agronomy Supervisor" in the email subject line when they apply so that it's easily identifiable. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.